Thursday, October 13, 2011

The past couple weeks with Netflix

I just got an email from Netflix, stating that they have just cancelled their Qwikster program. The Qwikster program was a separation between the company, The CEO thought it would be better if they separated the instant feature and the DVD by mails. Basically they just wanted more money by making two bills to your account instead of one. Well apparently the members didn't like the idea and it went all the way up to the chain to the CEO, and he just now announced that he has cancelled the program and will go back to the original price.

3 comments:

  1. This is great news. I don't have Netflix yet. Everyone that I know, who uses Netflix prior to the separation spoke highly of it. I figured eventually I would try it too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was glad to hear of this news as I subscribe to Netflix myself and was not looking forward to having to visit 2 sites. Luckily the CEO came to his senses and reverted to his original plan. I think he needs to refrain from addressing the public for a while. He's not doing his company any favors with his "new ideas".

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was no surprise. the surprise was they are still competitively in business. I have NF but have no plans to go back to DVDs. So even though its back to the original plan they have lost 8 dollars a month from me and I am sure I am not alone.

    ReplyDelete